CHAMPLAIN BRIDGE, REINFORCEMENT OF TEN SPANDREL BEAMS
Champlain bridge, reinforcement of ten spandrel beams
This bridge constructed in the 1960’s, was at the end of its useful lifetime. Despite the construction of the New Samuel-de-Champlain bridge, it was necessary to reinforce several spandrel beams, worn out by their long usage. Sofab structural steel fabricated 10 super trusses to keep a part of the bridge alive.
- Mandate allocated with the obligation to deliver in 3 pre-scheduled shutdowns during the weekend.
- Assembly in lengths of 170 feet (52 meters) weighing 58 tons each
- In-plant pre-trial to guaranty the installation on the jobsite
- Flanges below the rigorous FCM standard (Fracture Critical Member)
- Meticulous inspection before delivery under all its aspects
Sofab, partner of your ambitions!
Reinforcement of ten spandrel beams